Oversaw and orchestrated the event organisation as the representative of the network team towards the event’s project management, including sponsor aquisation, budget management, and logistic for a highly reliable fault tolerant network for one of the largest hacker events in Germany.
• Lead a Team of 15 volunteers with various skills and levels to build and run the network infrastructure
• Planned and controlled the budget
• Acquired sponsors for network hardware and BGP interconnectivity
• Wrote a SDN Controller in python3 using netconf, SNMPv3, and jinja2 for a heterogenous infrastructure to distribute the network in 5 lecture halls, two big hackcenters and the “OpenCodes” Art exhibition
• Created extensive documentation during all stages of the project to ensure a reliable network
• Worked together with 3rd party service providers to provide fiber connectivity as well as multi-homed BGP connectivity to the venue
• Monitored the whole network infrastructure using Prometheus and Grafana